Thursday 30 August 2007

0112 Friar Tuck

Should have been at an Egmont kick-off this evening, but the headache I've had since I woke up this morning told me to stay away from the booze today. Tomorrow there's the big Kolik party so I better be in shape for it!

But since I'm in the studio tonight I might as well post two more model sheets. (I know you'll soon get bored. But since the number of visitors have skyrocketed the past few days I guess that a fair amount of you enjoys them? I do! )
These two are from Robin Hood. The movie lacks anything that can be labeled story or structure. (In my opinion it's one of the worst pictures made by the old team of classic animators.) But even if the story is bad most of the animation is just excellent! Watch it with the sound turned off and with a sketchpad in your lap. :)


Were in Copenhagen yesterday bought some fun stuff, including this collection. "Harley and Ivey" is a must have if you like the art of Ronnie del Carmen, Bruce Timm and Shane Glines. And there are two stories written by Paul Dini too!
To say that I was drooling like a nerd when I found this is an understatement. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harley and Ivy... Aight! So how much innuendo has it?

Anonymous said...

Oh no, but I loved Robin Hood when I was a child, it was my favourite Disney movie.. maybe it's true what you say, I was just a child, but I don't really know.

Maybe a possible lack of story or strukture is because it is one of those movies that isn't based on a single original story..?

Joakim Gunnarsson said...

I don't remember exactly what happened but I think the concept of the Robin Hood movie changed quite a lot over the time it was produced.
Personally I think that it's divided into small episodes that makes it unsatisfying to me.
Small Room had some interesting pieces on Robin Hood a while ago. (See link on the blog.)

BTW: We sat down yesterday evening and watched parts the movie. Then we freeze framed when we saw good poses. We then sat down and analyzed the movement, sketched the poses and tried to guess who did wich scene. I think most of the stuff we sketched were Don Bluth and Milt Kahl scenes.