Tuesday 16 October 2007

Bo Michanek stuff

Time for some odd rarities from my Disney drawers! :)

I know it's still a long time until Christmas but I couldn't resist putting this seasons greetings card up.
It's drawn by Bo Michanek (b. 1959) and judging by the cast on the card it's from 1978. (The release for the features was usually a year after the US premiere in Sweden.)
It was sent out by Hemmets Journal AB. Probably drawn with felt tip marker.

I've been collecting Bo Michanek artwork for around ten years and I've come across many odd and unusual items drawn by him.
Like this card from the desk of Signe Wiberg! Editor for the Swedish Donald Duck weekly in the 70's and 80's. Rare? You bet! ;)

Next a cover drawing from June 1978. It was used in Sweden as a sticker in 1985, but I don't think it was used as a cover.
This scan is from a copy I made many years ago.


This is also from a copy. Probably from the early 80's. As you can see his brushwork is much more slick. It's just amazing how good this piece is inked. Every line shows wich confidence he had when he inked this.
I wonder if it was ever published.


I have tons of Michanek to share if there's interest in it. Aw, I'll probably post some now and then anyway. :)
Now it's time for me to hit the sack.
Zzzzzzzzz...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo Michanek - am I wrong, or didn't he also ink Bamse during some period?

Anonymous said...

Wooow! Just wonderful!! Never seen them before. I'll be very delighted to see more artwork by this Mr. Michanek! :)

Anonymous said...

Sara: You are right. Bo both drew and inked Bamse during the 80's and 90's.